CLAS = Culture Language Activities Sport
If you are aged between 12 and 17 from 27th June, we have a special course just for you.
Richard Organisation was founded in 1928 by Monsieur Richard, a teacher who wanted to give young learners the opportunity to enrich their lives through the experience of learning English in England.
He believed the educational value of a stay in England was not limited to the classroom. This view is still followed today.
The current program has lessons in the mornings followed by activities, sports and excursions in the afternoons.
Fully-supervised CLAS Courses are ideal for those who wish to combine a thorough study of English with a varied activity, sports and excursions program while making friends from all over the world.
Courses may take place at a Richard Language College Summer Annex.
Well selected accommodation is vitally important in the success of a course in England
Staying with an English host family is the best way to practice what has been learned during the day and to absorb typically English expressions.
- carefully chosen host families
- families regularly inspected and checked
- single / shared room accommodation
- no other student of the same mother tongue unless required
- maximum 4 students per family
- full-board (packed lunch provided Monday to Saturday)
- full laundry and ironing is included
- 20 lessons x 45 minutes per week
- Student’s ring file (book & teaching materials provided)
- Course report & certificate
- Fully supervised activities & sports (5 half-day activities + 1 evening per week)
- Bus pass for unaccompanied travel between the host family and the college and for unlimited travel in the local area
- 1 full day excursion per 2 week course
- 2 excursions per 3/4 week course
- 3 excursions per 5+ week course
- 4 excursions per 7+ week course
|Age:||12 to 17|
|Maximum class size:||12|
|Prescore (test yourself now):||20-90|
dATES & fees 2017
Bournemouth start dates from June 24th to September 2nd. Please note course length is restricted to three weeks for 12 – 17 year old.
2 – 10 weeks: 26th June
2 – 9 weeks: 3rd July
2 – 8 weeks: 10th July
2 – 7 weeks: 17th July
2 – 6 weeks: 24th July
2 – 5 weeks: 31st July
2 – 4 weeks: 7th August
2 or 3 weeks: 14th August
Students arrive on a Saturday to join their host families. Courses start on the Monday.
* 4 – 10 week courses are available for 16 and 17 year old only. The maximum length of course for 12 -15 year old is 3 weeks.
Every weekend there is an escorted full day trip. Recent visits have been to London, Oxford and Bath. Other places of interest are also visited.
For activities Monday to Friday please see our Sample Social Program
|Each additional week*||£250|
|Homestay Cat D (per week): £145 single / £135 sharing|
What is included in the accommodation fees
Single room: £164 per week
- Single/Shared room with a student of different nationality (Single room – limited availability, early booking only)
Shared room: £154 per week
- Full board host family accommodation (breakfast, sandwich lunch, dinner) • Full laundry including ironing (once a week)