CLAS – junior summer English Lesson + Activity programme
CLAS (Culture Language Activities Sport) is a summer English Language and activities / sports programme for juniors aged 12-17 years old.
Please click here for information about our safeguarding policy, parental consent forms for the U18’s and our terms and conditions.
Richard Organisation was founded in 1928 by Monsieur Richard, a teacher who wanted to give young learners the opportunity to better their lives through the experience of learning English in England in the beautiful area of Bournemouth.
He believed the educational value of a stay in England was not limited just to the classroom, but also through a programme of activities, sports and the experience of staying with an English family. This view is still followed today.
The current programme has lessons in the mornings followed by a variety activities, sports and excursions to places in the beautiful Bournemouth area in the afternoons.
This fully-supervised programme is ideal for those who wish to combine a thorough study of English with a varied activity, sports and excursions programme while making friends from all over the world.
The CLAS junior programme takes place at Richard Language College in Bournemouth.
Well selected accommodation is vitally important to the success of a programme in England.
Staying with an English homestay host is the best way to practise what has been learned during the day and to remember typical English expressions.
- carefully chosen homestay hosts
- homestay hosts regularly inspected and checked
- single / shared room accommodation
- no other student of the same mother tongue unless required
- maximum 4 students per homestay
- full-board (packed lunch provided Monday to Saturday)
- full laundry and ironing is included once a week
- bedding and towels provided
- 20 lessons x 45 minutes per week (15 hours)
- Student’s ring file (book & teaching materials provided)
- Course report & certificate
- Fully supervised activities & sports (5 half-day activities + 1 evening per week)
- Bus pass for unaccompanied travel between the homestay and the college and for unlimited travel in the local area
- 1 full day excursion per 2 week course
- 2 excursions per 3/4 week course
- 3 excursions per 5+ week course
- 4 excursions per 7+ week course
|Age:||12 to 17|
|Maximum class size:||12|
|Prescore (test yourself now):||20-90|
Dates & Fees 2019
Bournemouth start dates from June 21st to September 1st. Please note course length is restricted to three weeks for under 16 year-olds.
2 – 10 weeks: 24th June
2 – 9 weeks: 1st July
2 – 8 weeks: 8th July
2 – 7 weeks: 15th July
2 – 6 weeks: 22nd July
2 – 5 weeks: 29th July
2 – 4 weeks: 5th August
2 or 3 weeks: 12th August
Students arrive on a Saturday to join their homestay. Courses start on the Monday.
* 4 – 10 week courses are available for 16 and 17 year old only. The maximum length of course for 12 -15 year old is 3 weeks.
Every weekend there is an escorted full-day trip. Recent visits have been to London, Oxford and Bath. Other places of interest are also visited.
For activities Monday to Friday please see our Sample Social Program
|CLAS – Junior English Lesson and Activity Programme|
|Each additional week*||£300|
|Homestay Cat D (per week): £170 single / £160 sharing|
What is included in the accommodation fees
Single room: £180 per week
Shared room: £170 per week
- Single/Shared room with a student of different nationality (Single room – limited availability, early booking only)
- Full board homestay accommodation (breakfast, sandwich lunch, dinner) • Full laundry including ironing (once a week)
- Bedding and towels provided