This course is suitable for teachers who are non-native speakers of English and:
- teach English for Business/ English for Professional Purposes
- teach or will teach their business related subject(s) through English (CLIL)
- need to develop their language skills in order to study relevant literature
and publications in English or to communicate within international projects
The intention is to equip those working with English for Business with key language and communication skills appropriate in educational, social and vocational contexts.
In the mornings, this course involves small group teaching, allowing concentrated, thorough study of General English, and develops all aspects of English – listening, speaking, reading and writing. The course will develop the participants’ language skills to help enable them to teach and communicate in English efficiently and successfully.
The afternoon classes focus on English for Business. The in-depth approach develops all aspects of English – listening, speaking, reading and writing – useful in a professional context.
Classes are offered at 3 levels from Intermediate to Pre-Advanced.
- Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing skills
- Grammar Awareness
- Socializing in English
- English for Travel
- Telephone English
- Practical Writing
- Presentation Skills
- Describing Trends
- Meeting and Discussion
- The Recruitment Process
- Improving personal English Language skills: fluency, accuracy, authenticity
- Improving confidence in using the language, developing communicative skills
- Improving language skills useful for a professional context
- Better understanding of students’ needs and behaviour during classes
- Observing teaching techniques to improve students’ motivation
- Developing Cultural Consciousness
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Abilities
- Knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development