This course is suitable for teachers who are non-native speakers of English and:
- teach students aged 10 upwards
- teach their subjects through the medium of English
- need to develop their language skills
The practical course is suitable for practicing or future CLIL teachers.
The course will improve confidence in lesson delivery and expand the participant’s range of methodology approaches to enhance classroom practice in addition to supply the language and vocabulary needed in the classroom.
Lessons are designed to give an insight into current language teaching methodology and techniques as well as looking at changes and trends in the language itself.
The course emphasis is practical, focusing on strategies, skills and activities to be used in the classroom. The theoretical rationale supporting these techniques is introduced where appropriate, including the eight Key Competences.
- CLIL Techniques and Classroom Language
- Critical Analysis of Real CLIL Lessons
- The Role of Language and Language Awareness
- Learning Styles
- Pronunciation and Phonology
- Vocabulary Acquisition
- Aided Research of Sources
- Project Work and Learner Autonomy
- Education Today
- Improving personal English Language skills: fluency, accuracy, authenticity
- Improving confidence in using the language, developing communicative skills
- Improving language skills useful for teaching and vocabulary
- Providing skills, activities and language necessary to teach English as foreign language
- Observing teaching techniques to improve students’ motivation
- Developing Cultural Consciousness
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Abilities
- Knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development
Communication skills; Literature, languages (incl. CLIL), classical languages; Pedagogy and didactics
Please click here for information about our terms and conditions.