EP8: UK Secondary 11-16 & 11-18 yrs
EP9: UK Primary 4-11 yrs
This course is aimed at providing non-native speakers of English with insights into their own and colleagues teaching practice in a pan-European context.
- Teachers of early learners, primary, secondary pupils
- Teachers of non-linguistic subjects (e.g. Maths, Science, P.E. etc.)
- Teachers of foreign languages, especially EFL teachers
- A unique and practical opportunity for the professional development of teachers of CLIL.
1. One or two weeks Linguistic/Cultural Course
2. One to seven weeks practical school attachment helping and observing in a UK school. 5 full days per week, excluding Bank Holidays – guided observations, working with Host Teacher(s), directed tasks, team teaching and assignments.
- Improved confidence in lesson delivery
- Wider use of authentic subject and classroom vocabulary (for use in CLIL)
- Insights from pedagogic and cultural exchange (the European Dimension)
- New teaching strategies, skills and activities including the use of ITC
- Greater personal fluency in English
- Extension of knowledge of learning styles
- Increased awareness of methodological approaches and resources
- How to integrate new and traditional strategies into
successful classroom practice
- Knowledge of the UK National curriculum and comparative benefits
History, social science, economics, geography; Literature, languages (incl. CLIL), classical languages; Pedagogy and didactics; School management, educational leadership
Foreign language; Maths, science and technology