- Self Catering
- Hotels & Guest Houses
Well-selected accommodation is a vitally important factor in the success of an English language course in England. Staying at a British homestay is the most efficient way to remember those idiomatic English expressions which only occur in their natural setting in the home.
- Single room guaranteed if requested.
- No other student of the same mother tongue in the house (unless requested).
- Half-board Monday to Friday (lunches are available at the College).
- Full-board Saturday and Sunday.
- The washing of light laundry – shirts, socks, underwear etc. (ironing is not included).
- The washing of heavy clothes such as jumpers and jeans is the responsibility of the student.
- Full laundry service available to Executive Homestay, Integra Summer Intensive and CLAS courses.
- Same sex, different nationality Twin Room share possible for Integra Summer Intensive.
- Towels and bedding provided.
- Each homestay host signs a formal agreement containing Richard Language College conditions for welcoming students.
- Please indicate carefully special requirements such as medical problems or allergies/diet requests.
- Homestays situated within maximum one bus ride away (maximum 30 minutes).
- Special arrangements for couples studying with us (double room).
- Heating provided in the student’s bedroom in the colder months.
- Careful completion of the enrolment form by the student enables the Accommodation & Welfare Officer to match the student’s requirements as closely as possible with the homestay receiving them.
- All accommodation selected personally by our own Accommodation & Welfare Officer.
- Each homestay visited/inspected by our Accommodation & Welfare Officer, who maintains a close liaison with families and students. We re-inspect our homestays at least once every two years to maintain quality.
- No external agency is used.
- Homestay accommodation is not like being in a hotel; the student must adapt to a different way of life and family routine. Despite all the careful efforts to place appropriately, occasionally there may be ‘personality clashes’, which are treated sympathetically by our staff.
THE COLLEGE ACTS STRICTLY AS THE STUDENT’S AGENT IN THE PROVISION OF A HOMESTAY.
Accommodation is normally reserved and charged from 12.00 noon Saturday to 12.00 noon Saturday. Students wishing to arrive and depart on a Sunday may do so by prior arrangement with the College. Students arriving on a Sunday and leaving on a Saturday will be charged the weekly rate.
Homestays charge in whole weeks Saturday to Saturday. Extra nights booked will be charged for and homestays may require you to pay for a whole week.
It is the policy of the College for students to be accommodated in a single room, which is not shared with any other person. However, if a student specifically requests to share a room with a friend/spouse travelling with him/her and studying at the college at the same time, notice must be given to us at the time of enrolment. RLC does not normally arrange to accommodate people who are not studying with us.
In the summer months we are able to use Bournemouth University and Bournemouth University of Arts self catering accommodation. This can be either a single room with bathroom and kitchenette, or a single room with bathroom and a shared kitchen area. There is usually a common meeting area with sofas and TV.
Prices are approximately £150 per week. Please contact email@example.com for details. Also, please contact us if you wish to do self catering at other times of the year.
2019 ACCOMMODATION RATES (PER WEEK)
Early booking, especially for the summer, gives the best possible chance of finding a homestay closely suited to the student’s needs.
|CATEGORY||Description||Winter Rate (low season)||Summer Rate
(HB – Half Board)
(FB) – Full Board)
|A||Standard||£150.00||£170.00||HB weekdays FB weekends
|B||Executive||£260.00||£275.00||HBweekdays FB weekends
Full laundry Own
|C||Integra Single||£170.00||HB weekdays FB weekends
|CS||Integra Sharing||£160.00||HB weekdays FB weekends
|SCU||Self Catering||Please contact RLC||Approx. £150 per week||Please contact RLC|
The following list is intended to be helpful for those students looking for hotel accommodation. RLC cannot be held responsible for any contract made between the student and the hotel. It is the client’s responsibility to make full payment.
Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance to include cancellation charges. Contact your chosen hotel:
Carlton Hotel East Overcliff Drive – Bournemouth – BH1 3DN
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 552011 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 299573 – www.hallmarkhotels.co.uk/hotels/bournemouth
Royal Bath Hotel – Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2EW
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 555555 / Fax: +44 (0) 01202 554158 – www.devereonline.co.uk
Norfolk Royale Hotel – Richmond Hill, Bournemouth – BH2 6EN
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 551521 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 299729 or 294031 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Mayfair Hotel – Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2NW
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 551983 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 551002 – www.themayfair.com
Best Western – The Connaught Hotel, West Cliff, 30 West Hill Rd, Bournemouth – BH2 5PH
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 298020 – www.theconnaught.co.uk
Thornhill Hotel – 1 Meyrick Park Crescent, Bournemouth, BH3 7AG
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 554304
Ramada Encore Hotel – 22 Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2NS
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 291266 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 291854 – www.ramadaencorebournemouth.co.uk