- Host Family
- Self Catering
- Hotels & Guest Houses
Well-selected accommodation is a vitally important factor in the success of an English language course in England. Staying with a British host family is the most efficient way to absorb those idiomatic English expressions which only occur in their natural setting in the home.
- Single room guaranteed if requested.
- No other student of the same mother tongue in the house.
- Half-board Monday to Friday (lunches are available at the College).
- Full-board Saturday and Sunday.
- The washing of light laundry – shirts, socks, underwear etc. (ironing is not included).
- The washing of heavy clothes such as jumpers and jeans is the responsibility of the student.
- Full laundry service available to Executive Homestay, Integra Summer Intensive and CLAS courses.
- Same sex, different nationality Twin Room share possible for Integra Summer Intensive.
- Each family signs a formal agreement containing Richard Language College conditions for welcoming students.
- Please indicate carefully special requirements such as medical problems or allergies/diet requests.
- Families situated within maximum one bus ride away.
- Special arrangements for couples studying with us (double room).
- Heating provided in the student’s bedroom in the colder months.
- Careful completion of the enrolment form by the student enables the Accommodation & Welfare Officer to match the student’s requirements as closely as possible with the host family receiving them.
- All accommodation selected personally by our own Accommodation & Welfare Officer.
- Each family visited/inspected by our Accommodation & Welfare Officer, who maintains a close liaison with families and students. We re-inspect our families at least once every two years to maintain quality.
- No external agency is used.
- Host family accommodation is not like being in a hotel; the student must adapt to a different way of life and family routine. Despite all the careful efforts to place appropriately, occasionally there may be ‘personality clashes’, which are treated sympathetically by our staff.
Host Family Conditions
THE COLLEGE ACTS STRICTLY AS THE STUDENT’S AGENT IN THE PROVISION OF A HOST FAMILY.
Accommodation is normally reserved and charged from 12.00 noon Saturday to 12.00 noon Saturday. Students wishing to arrive and depart on a Sunday may do so by prior arrangement with the College. Students arriving on a Sunday and leaving on a Saturday will be charged the weekly rate.
Host families charge in whole weeks Saturday to Saturday. Extra nights booked will be charged for and host families may require you to pay for a whole week.
It is the policy of the College for students to be accommodated in a single room, which is not shared with any other person. However, if a student specifically requests to share a room with a friend/spouse travelling with him/her and studying at the college at the same time, notice must be given to us at the time of enrolment. RLC does not normally arrange to accommodate people who are not studying with us.
2018 ACCOMMODATION RATES (PER WEEK)
Early booking, especially for the summer, gives the best possible chance of finding a family closely suited to the students’ needs.
|CATEGORY||Description||Winter Rate (low season)||Summer Rate
(HB – Half Board)
(FB) – Full Board)
|A||Standard||£140.00||£160.00||HB weekdays FB weekends
|B||Executive||£250.00||£265.00||HBweekdays FB weekends
Full laundry Own
|C||Integra Single||£160.00||HB weekdays FB weekends
|CS||Integra Sharing||£150.00||HB weekdays FB weekends
|SCU||Self Catering*||Please contact RLC||Please contact RLC|
*SELF CATERING: For more information about self catering facilities and prices, please contact Richard Language College.
The College is happy to assist with hotel bookings, but the contract is strictly between client and the hotel. It is the client’s responsibility to make full payment.
Please ensure you have adequate travel insurance to include cancellation charges. Contact your chosen hotel:
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 291472 – www.tudorgrangehotel.co.uk
Carlton Hotel East Overcliff Drive – Bournemouth – BH1 3DN
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 552011 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 299573 – www.hallmarkhotels.co.uk/hotels/bournemouth
Royal Bath Hotel – Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2EW
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 555555 / Fax: +44 (0) 01202 554158 – www.devereonline.co.uk
Norfolk Royale Hotel – Richmond Hill, Bournemouth – BH2 6EN
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 551521 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 299729 or 294031 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Hotel Piccadilly – Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2NN
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 298024 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 298235 – www.hotelpiccadilly.co.uk/
Mayfair Hotel – Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2NW
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 551983 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 551002 – www.themayfair.com
Best Western – The Connaught Hotel, West Cliff, 30 West Hill Rd, Bournemouth – BH2 5PH
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 298020 – www.theconnaught.co.uk
San Simeon Hotel – 52 Wimborne Road, Bournemouth – BH3 7AE
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 551935 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 551935 – www.sansimeon.co.uk
Thornhill Hotel – 1 Meyrick Park Crescent, Bournemouth, BH3 7AG
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 554304
Ramada Encore Hotel – 22 Bath Road, Bournemouth – BH1 2NS
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 291266 / Fax: +44 (0) 1202 291854 – www.ramadaencorebournemouth.co.uk