This course is suitable for teachers who are non-native speakers of English and:
- teach students aged 10 upwards
- teachers of English, Business English and English for Specific Purpose
- need to develop their language skills
Primary teachers may attend the course with reference to older pupils preparing for secondary school.
The intention is to improve language teaching practice, presenting various techniques and methodological approaches of teaching English as a foreign language.
Lessons occur in group of fellow professional and are designed to give an insight into current language teaching methodology and techniques as well as looking at changes and trends in the language itself.
This special program concentrates on methodology. It aims to equip non-native teachers in secondary education with ideas and materials which can be used with their own students as well as to give them a chance to exercise and refine their own command of the language. The small size of the group gives participants the opportunity to discuss and exchange experience and ideas with fellow language teachers form other countries.
The Methodology course involves small-group learning for foreign teachers of English wishing to develop their teaching skills.
Teachers on the EFL Methodology course can observe Richard Language College classes being taught by experienced, qualified EFL teachers. These classes include both short and long stay students.
- Improving personal English Language skills: fluency, accuracy, authenticity
- Improving confidence in using the language, developing communicative skills
- Improving language skills useful for teaching
- Providing skills, activities and language necessary to teach English as foreign language
- Observing teaching techniques to improve students’ motivation
- Developing Cultural Consciousness
- Teamwork and Interpersonal Abilities
- Knowledge of Erasmus+ potential for professional development
Communication skills; Literature, languages (incl. CLIL), classical languages; Pedagogy and didactics
Foreign language; Learning to learn